Monday, January 9, 2012

a finish, and a new start

good morning and happy monday!

tonight is the alabama / lsu game so you can imagine how crazy it is today!  at the risk of getting caught in traffic, i took the streetcar to work.  we live right on the carrollton streetcar line so it was a nice and relaxing ride! my favorite part of riding the streetcar is eavesdropping on random tourists' conversations...heehee

i have some finishes to present, so let's get right down to it.  the first is the family sampler by the amazing diane williams of little house needleworks.  this was a christmas / 30th anniversary gift for my parents and depicts our nuclear family. it was a little bittersweet working on such a large (and beautiful) project only to give it away, but i know that it will be a cherished family heirloom that my mom will treasure. 

Little House Needleworks Family Sampler


i made mental notes for the future, like what areas to do first, or how many skeins of thread i actually need.   next time i will do the border first!  i saved the border for last on my mom's, and i was miserable for about 3 weeks!  i was in strawberry vine inception.

Little House Needleworks Family Sampler

started: may 14, 2011
completed: november 6, 2011


Little House Needleworks Family Sampler


my new start is "beach cottage" by country cottage needleworks. i love nikki's soft colors and the shabby chic quality of all her pieces. this is a quick stitch (compared to my last cross-stitch piece!) and i am loving all the beautiful overdyed threads. i'm stitching this on the fabric and threads as called for, except i converted some of the dmc to crescent colours. excuse the crappy photo!


Country Cottage Needleworks Beach Cottage


have a great week and happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. OH! I LOVE the family sampler you made for your mama. What a treasured keepsake for her...and great practice for your fam one day! :) I am so in awe of people that can sew like you. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following along with This Foxtail Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornament looks great! My daddy was a Sig Ep at the Mother Alpha chapter (I'm also a Richmond Spider!) and I know he would have loved this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete